Marie originally qualified in France as an Avocat in 2004 and has been practising in the UK since 2005, qualifying as a UK Solicitor in 2011.
Marie specialises in:
- the administration of estates, probate work and intestacies, and inheritance tax.
- the drafting of wills and lasting powers of attorney
- cross-border successions and cross-border Will planning for our UK clients with assets in more than one jurisdiction (such as making use of the EU Regulation on European Successions, and liaising with French notaires to ensure the deceased's English Will is applied correctly to their French assets).
- assisting non-UK domiciled clients and French speaking clients with their estate in the UK, including applying for a Grant of representation of the foreign Will
- the setting up and administration of trusts
Marie is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Marie's work is supervised by a Director in the Wills, Trusts and Probate Team.