The business law team advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial law services.
- mergers and acquisitions
- banking and corporate financing
- demergers and corporate reorganisations
- shareholder arrangements
- incorporation of businesses
- Trademarks, Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Patents and registered designs
- SLA agreements
- Website development agreements
- Data protection
- Internet trading terms and conditions
- IT licences, software and hardware development, distribution, sale and installation agreements
- Terms and conditions of sale or purchase
- Licensing agreements
- Competition issues
The team also has experience in Partnership law providing sound commercial legal advice to partnerships, LLPs and the individual partners themselves.
We understand our clients' businesses and keep up to date with regulations and developments in partnership law (UK) and LLP legislation. We can offer a pro-active and responsive service to help anticipate and safeguard your business interests.
Our advice covers all aspects of partnership law including:
- Formation, merger or dissolution, structuring and documentation (including advice on equity shares)
- Conversion to Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Accession of a new partner to a partnership
- Settlements when partners leave
- Advising on new developments in partnership law
Modern businesses exist in the knowledge economy. The intellectual property rights that they own can often be their most valuable assets. We understand the importance of these issues to our clients. We have experience in handling all types of intellectual property and technology related matters including contracts disposing of, acquiring, exploiting or licensing intellectual property rights.
The commercial team can help you to identify the various intellectual property rights involved and how these may be best utilised and protected. We also handle the resolution of disputes concerning the infringement and misuse of intellectual property rights whether by litigation, arbitration or mediation. We act on behalf of both claimants and defendants.
Our areas of experience in intellectual property law include:
- Patent infringement actions
- Patent and technology licensing
- Joint technology ventures
- Trade names, trademarks and service marks
- Registered designs
- Passing off